Turtle Cavern Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone dived Turtle Caver (I think that's what it is called) at Sipadan? Is it worth doing your Cavern/Sinkhole course to do this dive. I do have other opportunities to do cav/sinkhole diving, so it's not like I would be getting the cert just to do this dive, probably just sooner than I would have otherwise.

Thanks
Mel

It is called Turtle Tomb.

Many turtles swim in and cannot find the way out, hence drown in there.

There are Marlin and Dophin bones in there too. Was told placed there by other divers.

I thought it was an interesting venture into this cave system. I followed the SMART team in many years back.

The course is quite interesting, but if following PADI cavern you are not suppose to lose sight of the blue light. Since the cave is quite deep and there are pitch black areas, maybe you should go for one of the more technical schools like TDI or equivalent. Then you really get to see the tombs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom