Turtle at Black Bart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brad,

I dove the black bart with divelocker on Sat. afternoon and saw the same turtle. I believe it is a loggerhead based on large head and slight down turn of snout. However, a kemp's ridley to me looks very similar so I'm not 100% certain.

Shot of said turtle:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KJhJkd][/URL]

I was there Saturday afternoon, were you with Dive Locker?

Was the water the color of my video when you were there? I didn't use any filters on my GoPro.

The turtle was at around 54ft which is why everything looks greenish blue; most colors (roygbiv) have been pretty much absorbed by the water at that depth, so you need a light source or a filter to bring back some of the color. I use a strobe for taking stills, a red filter for your gopro would probably work well.

Yep, sounds like we were on the same dive.

I was the guy with no neoprene cause the dive shop told me "no problem." Said I'd be fine but my son and I never got below the thermocline except just briefly.

Thanks for the tips on photography. I've been doing this for many years but never took the time to learn how to do it right. Guess because I don't live close to water and only get to dive 1-2 times a year.

Thanks

Was she distressed causing her actions or is that normal behavior?

Normal behavior. They can and will will stay submerged for long periods of time as they will rest or forage for food. Nice find.

I was the guy with no neoprene cause the dive shop told me "no problem." Said I'd be fine but my son and I never got below the thermocline except just briefly.

Thanks for the tips on photography. I've been doing this for many years but never took the time to learn how to do it right. Guess because I don't live close to water and only get to dive 1-2 times a year.

Thanks

No problem, I'm just getting into uw photography myself.

I brought my 3mm but didn't think I was going to wear it... glad I did!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom