Turning "loose" photos into an "album"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yakivet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any way to shift "loose" photos in the gallery into an album without uploading the whole group again. I'd just like to organize things a little. Ken :42:

Have you figured it out? I've been looking to do that as well and it seems like I would have to delete them and upload them again after creating the album...If anybody knows how to do that, it could be helpful!

At this time I do not believe there is.

Tech Admin:
At this time I do not believe there is.

Thanks. I evidently stuck the post in a "less traveled" area of the board. Only 2 weeks to get my answer. :wink: Guess I should have given it a couple of bumps to hasten the process.

AFAIK, there's a way. I discovered it this week.

First you create the albums.
Then you use this link: http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/misc.php?action=sortphotos
Place your pics in the album of your choice. Make sure the option is set to "Save" and press [Submit].

Only problem I have now is getting the gallery to refresh properly. I managed to do it but I don't exactly remember what I did...

Thanks El Orans
I have been subscribed to this thread waiting for the answer. I'll have a go at that at the weekend.

Alison

Don't forget to post the solution to refreshing the gallery here... :)

El Orans:
Don't forget to post the solution to refreshing the gallery here... :)
Than to try something that others have found a struggle. The problem was that after creating 4 albums and posting all my photos to them when I opened "My Photos" it claimed that there were no photos in this gallery. I could click on my albums and see them but not from the front page.

After about 40 minutes I thought why not add a new photo to each gallery and see if that brings them up so that you can see that they are there? And it did. There may be more elegant solutions but that one works.

Another hint when you are trying to organise your photos using the link that El Orans provided your newly created albums show up as the last options on the drop down list.

Cheers, thanks El Orans and good luck to others

Alison
Alison

Back
Top Bottom