Turks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlanoDvr1

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anybody fill me in on the diving around the Turks and Cacos (sp) islands? How does it compare to Bahamas, Cozumel, etc...

Thanks

You might want to use the search function as this question has been asked and answered before. That being said the diving in the Turks & Caicos is boat/wall/no current diving. The area is known for lots of big pelagics. I am surprised when we don't see at lease one reef shark, one turtle and one eagle ray on each dive. If you are lucky your can also occasionally spot humpback whales (in season), dolphins, whale sharks and tiger sharks. On a scale of one to ten I put the Bahamas at a 5, Turks and Caicos at a 8.5, Little Cayman 9.0 and Cozumel 8.5. IMHO.

I'll do a search...but TIGER SHARSKS!?! Yikes.

It was only once and spotted from the boat not the water. Very rare and very impressive. Siting was confirmed by Fifi.

Back
Top Bottom