Turks & Caicos SNORKELING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitedive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Family vaca to T&C. Staying at a Villa on beach. Most of family doesn't dive. Is there any beach snorkeling?

ive been to providenciales, we stayed at beaches resort, but if u walk down a 10 minute walk (to wear there are some villas) there is some amazing snorkeling..

turks and caicos has some of the best diving in the world.. and ussually where there is good diving, the snorkeling will be just as great.. the turks has alot of low populated areas, so most of the reefs are very full and lively due to no harrasment by locals and spear fisherman, i would reccomend it times 1 million..

turks and caicos is my dream country, if i had to move to the carribean, thats where its at

You could probably snorkel right off the beach. In Providenciales I would take the hobycat out and cruise over reefs all the time. Have to agree with the diving, very nice indeed.

the best thing, is when u have a long rope, and u can get your hands on a sea kayak. this allows you to jump off the kayak in open water and get to some great untouched spots.. especially if u enjoy free diving or trying to find new places to look at. i took a 45ft rope, because i know i can dive easily 45 feet with a breathold. I would just snoop around, and then i would hop back in the kayak and go in search for another attraction. sometimes resorts dont allow this because of the danger involved and such, but theres really no one to stop u when you are on a villa, so even if u dont plan on diving, bring your wetsuit or gear just in case you find a good spot off shore

I am looking into a family vacation with diving. How was the diving at Beaches? Did they provide high quality dives or cater more to newbies? I dont want to go unless they offer high quality advanced dives vs. basic shallow dive site. thanks.

I think Beaches runs a boat for newbies in Grace Bay (mediocre at best) and a more advanced boat out of the southern marina for more advanced divers. Caicos Adventures runs the best op on island IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom