Turks & Caicos Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caicos Adventures will pick you up and bring you back to Leeward Marina they have a bus pickup to all the major points. They will also pick you up from your boat if you happen to be anchored at Sapidilla Bay area. I have seen them pick people up from sailboats anchored at French Cay to go diving with them for the day.

I spoke to Wayne at Ocean Vibes and he suggested I use Big Blue since they are right at the leeward marina. Also spoke to someone at Caicos Adventures and they said I should take a taxi to the dive shop and catch their hotel bus to the boat. Big Blue would be my best bet if they go to the nice sites, so I'm waiting for a call back to make sure they aren't limited to Grace Bay or Pine Cay in April.

Damselfish:
Any more details on this? I'd wondered if that area was not commonly dove because there was no good diving, or simply because no op had reason to do it location/volume-wise. If Big Blue goes there on any sort of regular basis and it's great I would probably go out of my way next time to check it out.
That trip wasn't on the itinerary - they just felt like going. Everyone on board knew what they were doing, which was good because there was no dropoff like Provo - it just kept tapering off deeper. I called it quits at 165' with just an AL80 and a long swim back to the boat, but oh it looked even better right down to 200'.
Besides Bruce Willis, Tanya Streeter also dives with them. Him I could skip, but Tanya Streeter would be cool.

I dove with Dive Provo last year, they were nice and the boat was nice but I wasn't impressed with Grace Bay. I'll be there end of April and I'm using Caicos Adventures. I like my time on the boat and they seem to have the longer day trips. We're staying not far from the shop but Leeward isn't that far either. I think Dive Provo docks at Turtle Cove, a bit of a schlep from the main strip (if you can even say that about Provo)

I have been to T&C twice and would highly recommend Flamingo Divers, they operate out of the south side primarily and frequent West Caicos and French caye. small operation, max 8 divers on the boat. One trip in the summer I was the only one on the boat and they still went, It was great!

Back
Top Bottom