Turks & Caicos July 5 - 13 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi - who did you end up diving with and what can you say about your choice? I'll be diving there in Feb. 2009 and would like to make plans.
Thanks very much!

I have finally set my trip today and will be in Provo in August. I have CA high on the list and was looking closely at Dive Provo.
My main concerns are group sizes and bottom time. I just sent an e-mail out to CA and may just move on them since I am pulled towards their calm boats. I am prone to the sickness when conditions become tough.
Anymore feed would be awesome.

I just read an alarming thread on Travel Advisor in regards to Dive Provo.
I am cutting an excerpt written by SKW77:
"When we arrived in West Caicos, there was some heavy wave action on the reef and a lot of churning in the small cut outside the West Caicos marina. Instead of taking the large channel through the reef just before West Caicos, Jules, the captain, decided to "take on the waves" and "go big" at the urging our dive master Karl. These were pretty young guys (mid 30s), but we assumed they knew what they were doing. At any rate, they headed straight into the huge breaking waves in the small cut off the marina. These waves ranged from 10 to 15 feet. We were hit by one wave, which knocked the boat sideways. A second wave (about 12 feet high) crashed directly into the boat, over the top of the 2nd deck where my husband and I along with the crew were holding on for our lives."
This is alarming since they dared to go out with foul conditions. Apparently they never cancel dives due to weather??

Flamingo divers is run by a couple of the nicest people you will ever meet. They run a small boat that caters to small groups and dives in the best places on island to dive, i.e. west caicos, French cay and Northwest Point. If they have space and you like small groups they are the best epople on Provo to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom