Turks and caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove there with EV as well. 5 Star all the way. I didn't mind the boat swing, actually. Once you figured out the swing cycle, it was a breeze.
I didn't mind it either, in fact going for a "ride" on the trapeze can be a fun way to end a great dive. It is simply something to be aware of so it dosen't surprise you the first time you see it happen.

I really enjoyed my only trip to Club Med TnC, but if I was to go back, it would definitely be on the Aggressor, and lucky for you, they are having a sale in July – 2600 pp…

Looking at flights from DFW to PLS, 5d of scuba w Flamingo (the only shop I’d use), and a week at Club Med, is around $6k.

Same trip w Aggrressor in a deluxe stateroom would be around $7K.

When you divided it out by dive, the aggressor is much cheaper because you could get up to 22 dives vs 10. Plus the food will be better, no 2 hr daily commute beatdown to/from the reefs.

I really enjoyed my only trip to Club Med TnC, but if I was to go back, it would definitely be on the Aggressor, and lucky for you, they are having a sale in July – 2600 pp…

Looking at flights from DFW to PLS, 5d of scuba w Flamingo (the only shop I’d use), and a week at Club Med, is around $6k.

Same trip w Aggrressor in a deluxe stateroom would be around $7K.

When you divided it out by dive, the aggressor is much cheaper because you could get up to 22 dives vs 10. Plus the food will be better, no 2 hr daily commute beatdown to/from the reefs.
That's how my decision process went. Decided Aggressor was the way to go. Rather than buy trip insurance I'm just going to arrive on island a few days early and do some boat diving before boarding and try to track down a bottle of Lagavulin.

Looking at flights from DFW to PLS, 5d of scuba w Flamingo (the only shop I’d use), and a week at Club Med, is around $6k
For one or for two? I'm headed to CM in a few weeks and with flights, accomodations for my wife and I and me diving all week, it isn't even that much. We probably wouldn't even hit $6k if she was diving all week.

For one or for two? I'm headed to CM in a few weeks and with flights, accomodations for my wife and I and me diving all week, it isn't even that much. We probably wouldn't even hit $6k if she was diving all week.

TnC is pricey. We stepped off the resort to go explore and a local restaurant we paid $95 for 4 drinks and 2 appetizers!

When I looked it up it was as follows:

$800x2 Flight dfw to pls
1400x2 @ club Med AI
$160x5x2 scuba 5 days

Total was approx. $6000

This is our second trip out there. Your flights are definitely a good bit more than ours were, even though we're going LA->Atlanta->PLS. Probably seasonal on the CM price too, as ours was less this time around as well.

This is our second trip out there. Your flights are definitely a good bit more than ours were, even though we're going LA->Atlanta->PLS. Probably seasonal on the CM price too, as ours was less this time around as well.

yep... DFW to CZM is very affordable starting in June when SunCountry starts their seasonal flights.

Thanks for the feedback. Decided to go back to Bonaire, we got a deal on a place that is at Andrea I and II. Drive to morning shore dives and then laid back in afternoon dives out the back of the house. Agressor sounds like the way to go for Turks, will wait till Thanksgiving time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom