Turks and Caicos this weekend...any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anybody know the water temperature off Provo these days. I'm heading down on Friday abd hope I won't need the heavy rubber.

I've been in January and dove with a 3 mil shortie for the first dive and then added a 3 mil farmer john for the second and third dives. I had some sunburn working so that may have impacted the chill factor. I believe water temps were 80-82 F but I could be mistaken.

KidK9:
Hey all, I'm heading to Turks and Caicos on Saturday for a week. Doing 3 days of diving while I'm there. I'm taking my Oly C5050Z, Inon Strobe and WAL. Any suggestions?

Leave the WAL on the boat and be ready for shots of the eagle rays buzzing along the walls :)

Be aware that sightings of "big stuff" run hot and cold in Provo. Some trips I was up to my eyeballs in pelagics and others we really had to look for it. If they ask where you want to go definitely check out the boat channel between West Caicos and Provo. Almost assured of eagle rays and sharks.

Just watched it again for the memories. None of the stuff you shot was an "abnormality", and that's the coolest part. Sharks, eagle rays, eels, lobster, reef, barracuda, blue water...simply breathtaking.

KidK9:
Just watched it again for the memories. None of the stuff you shot was an "abnormality", and that's the coolest part. Sharks, eagle rays, eels, lobster, reef, barracuda, blue water...simply breathtaking.

Thanks. That video was from my 1st trip to T&C. I went on a liveaboard for my 2nd trip.

Right click and "save target as" to download.

2nd trip T&C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom