Turks and Caicos Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi all...

Mrs. Stoo and I are considering a trip to T&C this summer. We have a credit with Westjet and this is the only Caribbean Location that they fly to in the summer.

I have been in T&C several times, but not for many years, so I am looking for suggestions for places to stay and great dive operators. We've travelled extensively in the Caribbean and have enjoyed most of the hot spots... Little Cayman, Turneffe Island etc.

We are considering the Osprey/Oasis combo on Grand Turk as well as the Explorer, although it is a little pricey for this trip.

There's a pile of info on here and on the www about T&C, but I'm hoping to learn about that "gem" that might be off the radar.

Thanks for your input!

If you're looking for budget accommodations you can't beat the Sibonne hotel on Grace Bay. There are a number of good dive operators in Provo. Accommodation and dive packages can be arranged as well. If you want any help in setting it up, please let me know via private message.

In Grand Turk, check out Bohio Dive Resort. We're going there for a few nights in August. It's been many years since we've been to Grand Turk. We have decided to check it out. They have been advertising some summer all inclusive packages.

My Special Lady Friend and I stayed at the royal west indies resort and couldn't have been happier. Their restaurant was great and and reasonably priced. We used both flamingo divers and dive Provo. We had great experiences with both, but they were very different. Flamingo was more of a mom and pop setup that is perfect if you want To dive with smaller groups(8 max) and took pictures during the dive which were available on cd at the end of the dive. I somehow lost mine and Jane was outstanding in emailing me copies of the pics.

Thanks folks...

Since I posted, it looks like we might be able to take advantage of a bit of a discount on the Explorer, but I will certainly have a look at these places you have suggested.

We stay on Provo at Ocean Club West. There is a grocery store within walking distance (~ 15 min) but bicycles are available for free from OCW, making the trip ~ 5 minutes.

We have dove with Dive Provo and Caicos Adventures. BOTH are good but my daughter likes CA better (catamaran boat, she has less problems with seasickness with).

We did the Osprey/Blue Water combo on Grand Turk a few years ago. Great experience.

I did the Explorer in February... Loved it!
Good to know. I've read a number of reviews here and elsewhere, and have yet to read of a bad experience. One guy "complained" about that bad vis two weeks after a hurricane passed, but that's hardly the fault of the Explorer gang!

We did the Turks and Caicos Explorer in 07. Loved it so much we are going back in August. It's a great company and a great boat. I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom