Turks and Caicos Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all of the above for the input. I did Chapters 1-3 otherwise known as the "Scuba Diver" certification at Beaches in 2009 with Mitch, it was a great experience. As we are going back to T&C (not Beaches) for two weeks this March, I took the necessary courses to complete my OW Cert this past weekend.

Now for the Referral Dives....Big Blue just quoted me a whopping $795, so I guess that's a private outing! Too much. I had reserached also Caicos Adventures, Dive Provo and Flamingo, and from the sound of it, all three are good....

Agreed?

Once again, thanks, it's nice to be here with y'all.

Hard to go wrong with the dive operators on Provo. Big Blue tends to be a bit more expensive but they also have the best environmental policies and education in my humble opinion. That being said the rest are caring for the reef and the water as well. Most recently I went out for a number of dives with Dive Provo and had a blast (most recently meaning mid December). Good site knowledge and laid back attitude certainly helped all have a great time. There were people doing their check outs on almost every dive and the staff took good care with them to make sure they got their skills done and had time to explore a little too. Have you booked accommodation yet? i know of a great villa on Sapodilla Bay. Saved us a ton last time down and will never stay on a resort again. Have a great time.

Love Dive Provo too. Had a blast. We stayed at a villa 2mins from the dive shop, not intentionally but great!

Staying on Salt Cay for our whole trip next..err this year into 2024. Maybe just have to stay awake for NewYrs. Damm fireworks woke us up at 11 & 12am!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Pugdiver and Mikey! I did some research and wound up booking with Dive Provo. They'll be accomodating me for my two days and four dives, and my father in law will come along too.
I also booked a dive with Flamingo, they seem to have a great reputation, so why not, eh?

We'll be staying one week at a private rental on Long Bay, and a week at the Ocean Club. One month now.....can't wait!!

Great restaurants on the island, if you are staying on Long Bay a rental car would be nice to get around. Let me know if you are looking for dinner suggestions or other activities.

Thanks Pugdiver, we've been to T&C before, Got a Kia Picante again! Love that Graceway IGA!!!

We used Caicos Adventures and loved them. The boat was big but its a 45 minute ride to West Caicos so the big boat is welcome. They were very attentive and helpful. Good briefing. We unexpectedly saw a hump-backed whale out of season. It ssurfaced right beside the boat. We were very pleased with them.

Do you guys feel that there are "decent" dives to be had in T&C for a newly certified diver, i.e. not deeper than 60 feet?

Yes! Most of them in fact.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom