Turkey Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Kangaroo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
UK / Thailand / Honduras / Red Sea / Med / Oz whe
Thinking of talking a job in Turkey as an instructor but never been there or dived there.

Anyone got any advice or help. Anything facts are good, esp water temp, ave salary, cost of living and accomodation etc etc !!!! We've been in the tropics up to now !!!!

Thanks in advance for all your advice

cheers

Keith

Hi Keith,
I am originaly from Turkey and I just got certified there this summer(Aug,04) by my half brother who works as a Dive boat operator/instructor in Kas/Antalya. How can I help you? would you like me to get you in touch with my brother. His english is pretty good and I am sure he'd love to help you out. Let me know.
reha duzel

Blue Kangaroo:
Thinking of talking a job in Turkey as an instructor but never been there or dived there.

Anyone got any advice or help. Anything facts are good, esp water temp, ave salary, cost of living and accomodation etc etc !!!! We've been in the tropics up to now !!!!

cheers

Keith

Blue Kangaroo:

cheers

Keith

Keith,

Fethiye has a really good British owned dive centre calle European diving. Here's a link to their website. http://www.europeandiving.co.uk/fethiye/contactus.asp

If I was going to drop out of my current life and go become an instructor somewhere, this is the first place i would call.

You can count on water temps around 25C and viz of 20-40metres. Caves, caverns, rocks, old-stuff (bits and pieces, wrecks etc). Not huge amounts of fish and no coral but if you ask me the under water world there is still utterly spectacular. I've never been anywhere I liked better.

R..

Back
Top Bottom