Tunnels Beach, Kauai: 9-16-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good ones, the most I like the turtle one and the head above water...

Stingrob

dsafanda:
I put together a small slide show of a dive at Tunnels Beach in Kauai. This was my first experience with underwater photography. As was to be expected for a first attempt, I had my best results when I was shallow enough to turn off the strobes and use natural light. I've got nothing but respect for those of you who are able to consistently get good results while shooting with dual strobes in manual mode. Anyway, I'm hooked. Can't wait to get more experience. I don't think I can imagine diving with out a camera on any future dives.

Tunnels Beach Slide Show

Luxury_yacht:
What lens / port did you have on your titan D100?

I was using the dome port and a 28mm f2.8 Nikon lens. I don't own the macro port yet. Hopefully soon.

My 17-35mm f2.8 zoom would have been nice but at the last minute I got nervous about bringing one of my most expensive lenses underwater. How do you guys deal with that? Do you figure the entire point of owning the lens in the first place is to use it whenever you want or do you have equipment that you're only willing to use above water? I don't have enough experience with housings to know the risks.

Great photo show. We are heading to the island next fall and your shots are a great intro.

Back
Top Bottom