Tulum shops & accommodations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nquinn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Thinking about a very quick tulum trip, though a bit nervous w/ the cenotes.
Just a rec diver (AOW/nitrox), not looking for tech/cave/deco dives.

1. Favorite shop? I've seen ProTec come up on here quite a bit but they are older threads. Not sure of current state of things.
2. Good budget accommodations? Esp if I help organize a group of 6-8 people? Something reasonably nice but not too expensive.

you can organise diving and accomodations through protec if you like. they have rooms you can stay in (simple) and can do cenote guided dives. i believe kim davidson is still running the tulum shop but i could be wrong.

otherwise, i cannot help with tulum accomodations as we always stay in playa del carmen. but if you want to dive the cenotes all week you will want to be closer.

if you are looking for help with places in playa i can cerainly help. ask any questions you like an i will try to help with that.

for other shops to dive with.....just about everyone dives the cenotes. we use tank ha out of playa. under the jungle is right outside of two cenotes. natelies shop has a great reputation. there are plenty of others to choose from.

maybe a nice villa near tulum would work?

Third dimension diving. Kelvin and Anabel can handle whatever kind of diving you are looking for.

They also have lots of contacts with great places to stay!

_R

Underworld Tulum is a one stop show. They have studio apartments for rent, tanks, gear, instructors, guides. Dogs to pet, a pool to hang out by. Look them up, you won't regret it.

+1 on sharing the guides and experiences. AguaClara was very cool - I did 6 cents in 3 days, but ideally you know what you're looking for and where you go - e.g. last day with Angelita and Car Wash was great, but the day before - Ponderosa and Tajma Ha - was better. First DM was Marcelo, sorry forgot the name of the second one. Pix here , more to come

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom