Tulamben / Amed - Boat Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amed/Tulamben is mostly about shore diving. There are a few sites, a little further afield, that are dived from boats. If you prefer to dive off a boat (maybe because of physical limitations), any shop can arrange to dive all sites by boat at extra cost.

Make sure the type of boat is what you need. I remember diving in Amed from a Jukung. If you prefer a boat for physical reasons over shore diving, a jukung would not make you happy!

Make sure the type of boat is what you need. I remember diving in Amed from a Jukung. If you prefer a boat for physical reasons over shore diving, a jukung would not make you happy!
Not much but junkungs...but maybe there's a zodiak available somewhere.

Shore dive is NOT everyone cup of tea.
Why would anyone believe it has anything to do with physical restriction? Biased and short sighted.
I certainly do not enjoy shore dive.

Not much but junkungs...but maybe there's a zodiak available somewhere.

I saw at least a few proper dive boats everyday when I was there last year.

Why would anyone believe it has anything to do with physical restriction? Biased and short sighted.

That's also my experience. I did not particularly enjoy the mini bus commute and shore entry when there's swell that day and I'm carrying a DSLR.

That's why I'm interested in boat dives.

Every once in awhile, a small proper dive boat will pull up and drop divers at a site. They are attached to the larger dedicated dive resorts and a couple may be with shops.

True. Still I think it is better to assume a physical restriction for somone who doesn't like shore diving than the opposite. Not everyone with a physical condition wants to talk about it on a public forum.

I saw at least a few proper dive boats everyday when I was there last year.

That's also my experience. I did not particularly enjoy the mini bus commute and shore entry when there's swell that day and I'm carrying a DSLR.

That's why I'm interested in boat dives.
Make sure to ask for a proper dive boat as a dive from a jukung is a boat dive, but we went to the beach by Mini bus and boarded the boat with a shore entry. Although we didn't have to carry our Tanks (some balinese women carried them on their head. Another special Bali-experience. Like the boys in Tulamben transporting them on their mopeds....)

Villa Markisa has good boats, as well as Seraya’s Secret for a terrific “house reef.”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom