Tuesdays Photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
One of my favorite fish....Juvenile Spotted Drum

aal.sized.jpg

No exposure info available.

Good shot. I found them to be difficult to photograph when I was in Cozumel. Of course the ripping currents had a lot to do with that.

Lisa....his little body was about the size of my thumbnail, but his dorsal fin was about 3" long.

One trick that helps in photographing them is they always swim in a figure 8 pattern so if you focus your lens in one spot, sooner than later he'll pass that way again! 'Course I still get lots of butt shots! Here's another...

abu.sized.jpg

One of the Favorite fish for the Cold West coast.

Wolf Eel

Taken at the Themis (sp?) Wreck
~65ft
Canon A40

wolf_eel.jpg

JeffG:
One of the Favorite fish for the Cold West coast.

Wolf Eel
Now is that a face only a mother can love???
But I do hear they are quite friendly...is that so?

Dee:
Lisa....his little body was about the size of my thumbnail, but his dorsal fin was about 3" long.
Thought he looked like a small fry! Too cute...Thanks for the 2nd posting

justleesa:
Now is that a face only a mother can love???
But I do hear they are quite friendly...is that so?
Yes..they are ugly..but the ones that are used to divers are very friendly. They like having their "bellies" rubbed. FYI...The wolf eel in the picture is somewhere around 5-6ft long. The head was ~9in in height.

Jeff

I love the Wolfies! They remind me of those 'so ugly you love them' puppies!

Dee:
One trick that helps in photographing them is they always swim in a figure 8 pattern so if you focus your lens in one spot, sooner than later he'll pass that way again!

THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting that hint! I got pretty much only butt shots in Roatan since I kept trying to follow the little guys with my viewfinder instead of being patient and waiting. Now I know for next time to watch for the figure 8! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom