Tuesday Photo ~ Blennies and/or Gobies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30 once bubbled...
Thanks rooster for the ID. I plan to go back to the same spot again in a few weeks, hopefully I can gete the pic of the shrimp this time.
I like your pictures very much. How far away was your camera when you took those pics. I could never get as close as I like to those blennies/gobies.
Thanks,
Depending on the pic, they are probably 12" to 14" away. These were shot with a 105mm macro lens that has a min focus of 12" and produces 1:1 at that distance. The Gorgonian goby was the hardest to shoot as the dart away as you approach. I have a series of shots of this fish as I got closer and closer. This shot was the last one before it took off.

Rooster,
I am very jealous. Since I only have an Oly 4040, I guess I just have to use the full optical zoom in, and creep as slowly as quietly as possible. Those banded prawn goby are not too shy but the dorsal fins do come down very quickly when approached.
I did manage to get a bit closer in other pictures but with the doral fins down :-( and the closest I could get to was probably about 18 inches before they disappeared.

Sorry Dee, I'm late again :(

Some Gobies to share...

Pygmy goby from Similan Archipelago, Thailand
fc0b5e6d.jpg

and a couple of Whip coral goby from O.K. Rock, Myanmar.
fc9f3dfc.jpg

fc9f3acb.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom