Tuesday Photo ~ Blennies and/or Gobies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We're going to be doing fish this week. Since I'm already running out of ideas for daily subjects, let's break them down in catagories. Here's just a few...

Diamond Blenny

acj.sized.jpg

Secretary Blenny

abu.sized.jpg

Neon Goby

aad.sized.jpg

Forgot the name of the goby at the moment. It supposed to live with blind shrimp in the same hole but the blind shrimp refused to come out while I was waiting for it :(
563goby1_reduced.jpg

ssra30 once bubbled...
Forgot the name of the goby at the moment. It supposed to live with blind shrimp in the same hole but the blind shrimp refused to come out while I was waiting for it :(

A Yellow or Banded prawn-goby. They come in two color phases, Yellow. and banded.

but here's a couple

a Gorgonian goby
316gobie.jpg

Piano or Scale eating blenny
316dscn5664.jpg

Delicate blenny
316dscn1137.jpg

Poison-fang blenny
316dscn1218-med.jpg

Thanks rooster for the ID. I plan to go back to the same spot again in a few weeks, hopefully I can gete the pic of the shrimp this time.
I like your pictures very much. How far away was your camera when you took those pics. I could never get as close as I like to those blennies/gobies.

Wow....Good job, Rooster! Such pretty ones, I've never seen these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom