TSP on Sunday??? (5-20)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blindref757

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Need a buddy--any takers? Would like to meet up about 9 and be in the water by 9:30. If there aren't too many fishing boats, I'd like to explore the dam area some.

Reply or PM if available.

pm sent

Looks like I'm headed to CSSP--with Foo and her gang.

blindref757:
Looks like I'm headed to CSSP--with Foo and her gang.

Well, the "Under the Water Gang" met today, and an unsavory bunch it was, indeed! TxHockeyGuy will now be known as "TxBratGuy"- if you don't know why... good! That means more for us! This guy has been cooking up a storm during surface intervals- I know next time we need to pass the hat and cover his expenses... maybe that will keep him cooking! :wink: And, he happened to give out his secret fajita recipe today too- too bad for those of you who missed it, never again will it be divulged. Bwahahaaaa.

Firefyter, Twinklez, (and her friend Rob) Blindref, Liv7301, Norine62 and Mr. Foo all met today for a great day of CSSP diving & SI's. (Hard to decide which is best!) Also saw TxLakeRats, who has been conspicuously absent from SB for quite some time now, hope she shows back up sometime soon!

The vis was improved over a couple of weeks ago, and although there is still the white "snot" hanging everywhere, I estimate vis was at least 20 ft, maybe even more in spots. We didn't see a lot of fish, but there were quite a few nice cats, including a large albino on the SE end. I saw one small turtle on the first dive, and then there was quite a treat- Mr. Foo and I found ourselves surrounded by a cloud of 2 inch striped bass- literally hundreds, if not thousands. It was totally cool, almost surreal, as they ebbed and flowed with our motions, until we had to leave to catch our dive group. Nice.

Our second dive of the day was our 26 yr old daughter's first dive after finishing her AOW certification today. We had a very nice dive- she did a fine job, and we did a 52 minute dive, no deeper than 20-22 ft., mostly staying around 15-17 above the thermo. So, hopefully she'll introduce herself soon on SB, as a new Swampdiver.

John (norine62) and I had a wonderful time with everyone! There is othing nicer than fun diving with great company. We were very happy to meet you all!

This weekend, in summation:

"The twins were not cooperating."

Hope to see you all out again really soon! I'll be thinking of you Foo when we finish school on Thursday.

I had a great time as usual. Something about good company and relaxing days really makes the rest of the week worth doing. Sorry I couldn't do the last dive, but the family was starting to miss me, so it was time to go. I'm already planning my next campout......

I was going out on Saturday, but then I remember an urgent errand I had to run, so I missed out again. I'm getting really tired of loading my gear into my truck and then having to pull it back out again without using it. :(

ScubaTexan:
I was going out on Saturday, but then I remember an urgent errand I had to run, so I missed out again. I'm getting really tired of loading my gear into my truck and then having to pull it back out again without using it. :(

You just need to get your PRIORITIES in line Ken!!! :wink:

texdiveguy:
You just need to get your PRIORITIES in line Ken!!! :wink:

I agree. For me it is a simple formula.

if [ $checking_account_balance -gt 150 ] ; then
echo "Go diving all weekend!"
elif [ $checking_account_balance -gt 50 ] ; then
echo "Pick Saturday or Sunday and go diving!"
else
echo "No diving for you."
fi

Unfortunately I seem to fall into that last else category way too often.

Back
Top Bottom