TSandM -- Her Greatest Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been out of the loop for a long time.

What happened??????

I remeber the Borg woman always good information didn't forget what was like to be new to this sport and always gave good advice to newcomers.
She was lost at sea and/or died during a dive off the Washington Coast 4 years ago. The dive site is a tiny island pinnacle in the Pacific Ocean and her body was never recovered.
TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Four years already. Jeeze, where does the time go?

Whenever I think of TSandM’s last dive I remember someone writing in the thread on her disappearance something like “there’s a Lynne-shaped hole in the ocean and she just slipped through it”.

I was off the board for a number of years and came back just a few months ago.

I was shocked and in total disbelief when I stumbled across the post of her passing. She was so involved in this board that I felt I knew her personally, better than some I actually do dive with.

And... the irony of disappearing without a trace. I think she would have wanted people to be able to analyze and learn from her accident. Though I would like to think that it had to be a medical issue, she was just too experienced for it to be anything else.

I remember the post where I mentioned how much they overfill tanks for cave diving. She totally didn’t believe it. Then, she posted that she was taking a cave class at Ginnie and diving with a “bomb on her back.” I laughed, and thought of going over to Ginnie just to meet her in person. I didn’t go, but now wish I had.

Here’s that quote about the shape Lynn left in the water:

BC8C9E05-1B1F-4289-8536-387525C1A538.jpeg

Oh god! I log back in after 10 years away, and the first thing I find is Lynne had left us. She was a steward of the forum, and as all of you know she left a huge hole - no only here, but with everyone who has ever known her. She was smart, patient and kind. The thread name is 'her greatest posts' but where can we begin: they were all great. RIP Lynne.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom