TSand M would be proud...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobbin-along

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found a rip in the cordura of my ladyhawk after my last dive. The pocket that holds the weight pouch is separating at the seam. After a call to the LDS I bought it from they are saying at least 1 month to get it repaired by SP (DEMA show etc happening). Now being that I bought all my gear from them you would think a loaner might be an option but no (I'll save that part for whine and cheese). Another shop equidistant (but opposite end of compass) I currently visit has offered up the use of one of his personal setups for the month and offered to help me find a new setup for my immediate use and eventual conversion to tech and doubles. Bless him, not only a good friend, but a smart shop owner.

And so the quest begins....no option will be disregarded including BPs, all wings will be considered, and every warrantee and SLA will be taken into consideration. I will not be left without dive gear for a month ever again. :) In the meantime I will be using one of his DiveRite setups to keep me wet.

I vow to be a smart consumer....

Good for you, and I hate to tell you, but the LDS was giving you the snow job again. ScubaPro hasn't been to DEMA for several years.

Get a DSS singles rig. Beautiful piece of equipment, and Tobin's customer service is second to none.

Who is this other shop? I'm unsettled on one specific shop and my regular LDS is slipping. Don't see any harm in giving the good guys a plug. If you see any harm would you PM me, please?

Sea ya!

Another vote for Tobin. In particular, look at his heavy plate. In Puget Sound, diving dry, it will take weight off your belt and put it flat against your back where it belongs.

It's an innovative and nicely executed approach to a 12 lb heavy plate, which still offers some flexibility should you decide to travel with it - the panels are removable.

FredT also makes an extremely nice heavy plate, however, without the panels. If you need a 12 lb (or 15, etc.) its a beauty, but if you also want a 6 you'll need to buy a separate plate. As I use a 12, I use my FredT plate regularly. In your case, however, I suspect Tobin's heavy plate would offer a broader array of options.

FWIW. YMMV.

Doc

Back
Top Bottom