Trying to try a Dimension i3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been looking into the Dimension i3, and I'm fascinated with the concept, especially now that it's a back inflate... However, I can't seem to find any LDS's near me (in metro Atlanta) that carry it. All the AL authorized dealers sell it, however, I haven't seen any in-store. I'm looking for what would probably be a medium-large (based on your sizing chart) to fit and try...

Any thoughts?

P.S. I made the same query on the Aqualung site... and never heard back.

I spoke with the Sales Mgr serving the Atlanta area. He states that any of the major players there, e.g. The Dive Shop in Marietta, Seaventures, Peach Tree would all be happy to bring in your size for you if they don't already have one. I encourage you to speak to the manager at any of these stores.

Tom Phillipp
Product Mgr.
Aqua Lung

Thanks, Tom... One of those is my LDS... I'll check in with them again.

I don't have the exact same BCD but I do have the i3 system. I love it! The only thing I'd tell you before purchasing is check the length of the inflator hose that comes with it. I got the Medium size BCD and the hose was a 30" when the minimal length it should've been is 33" to make it comfortably all the way down through the loops and holes provided on the BCD.

I don't have the exact same BCD but I do have the i3 system. I love it! The only thing I'd tell you before purchasing is check the length of the inflator hose that comes with it. I got the Medium size BCD and the hose was a 30" when the minimal length it should've been is 33" to make it comfortably all the way down through the loops and holes provided on the BCD.
I seem to be hearing that from everyone that owns an i3... I've done full (back-inflate) BC's for years, hybrids (TransPac), and a short excursion into BP/W (which contrary to popular direction on this board, I didn't fall in love with out of the gate).

Everyone seems to universally tout their Dimension i3 as extremely comfortable, and streamlined. And, my impression of the i3 lever, is that it's certainly a radical change, but, it's a "no-duh" in terms of simplicity: up / ascend, and down / descend... hardly rocket science even for a pre-dive briefing with an insta-buddy...

If they got the ditch-able weights and tight trim right, then I'm good. Thanks for the info on the hose... I'll watch for that...

. And, my impression of the i3 lever, is that it's certainly a radical change, but, it's a "no-duh" in terms of simplicity: up / ascend, and down / descend... hardly rocket science
QUOTE]

So on "up / ascend" it's venting air, and on "down / descend" it's adding air.......right?

. And, my impression of the i3 lever, is that it's certainly a radical change, but, it's a "no-duh" in terms of simplicity: up / ascend, and down / descend... hardly rocket science

So on "up / ascend" it's venting air, and on "down / descend" it's adding air.......right?
Other way around...

But, then, you already knew that...

But, then again.....no.
Well, then, if you were serious about your question:

"So on "up / ascend" it's venting air, and on "down / descend" it's adding air.......right?"

Perhaps a refresher is in order...

Ergh... let's just say when you pull the lever up, you inflate. Lever down, deflate....
Technically if you're inflating, doesn't mean you are ascending but you will eventually if you keep inflating....bah!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom