Trying to decide...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mattleycrue76

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want a high quality point and shoot camera for taking topside pictures. I'd also like to be able to take it undewater, not to get award winning photos but to capture memories on cool dives and maybe experiement with photography to some degree. I want something that is small enough that I can clip it off and forget about it and just pull it out for that "wish I had a camera" moment.

I've narrowed it down to the Canon S90 and the Panasonic Lumix LX3.

The S90 would be my choice hands down if it weren't for the HD video capability of the LX3. Also while I intend to get an expensive housing (10 bar or FIX) eventually, it would be nice to be able to get the cheap canon housing for a while just to play around with. With the panasonic I'd have to go straight for the 10 bar.

I'm wondering just how much HD video I'd be taking given that I don't plan to invest in a huge lighting system so maybe the video mode on the S90 would do the trick.

I'm trying to figure out if the video on the S90 will sufice.

Thanks

Matt

Does anyone have some good links to video, preferably both topside and UW with either camera for comparison?

Back
Top Bottom