Trustfire DF50 not switching on after inactivity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hiszpan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello good people

I have two Trustfires DF50s, one used a couple of times from new, the other used one time. They have been stored for about 2 years in protective box they came with, batteries taken out.

I wanted to use them last Sunday but none of them switches on. Batteries charged up to the full, no life in them…

Are they simply dead because they have not been used? I see no visible signs of corrosion/damage etc (can provide pictures).

Please help!

Lithium-ion batteries should have a large life span (even when stored for many years), as long as it was stored properly. the "proper" way to store would be in an air con environment, between 10 and 20 Celsius, but you should not store a "dead" battery. usually around 50% of the capacity.

I would try to find someone around with a DF50 in working order and use their battery to test your torch.

if it's only the battery, get a new one - DF50 battery pack

Alternatively, you could try to revive the battery...but at your own risk ()

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom