Trouble with Mask Adjustment Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raystafarian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

So I have an Aqualung Ventura+ mask, but when I adjust it to fit it either has way too much extra strap dangling or the cinch that holds the strap backs off and creates a loop:

14858532042_5c7b994a23.jpg

Normally, this doesn't affect the ratchet that ensures the mask stays snug, but it does sometime come into my field of vision, interfere with my snorkel or produces some unwanted drag. Additionally, it sometimes gets snagged and ends up tightening the mask too tight. What can I do to keep this from happening? I thought maybe some rubber bands, but I'm afraid they will interfere with putting the mask on while underwater. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Slap straps are so superior to what a mask comes with that I cannot understand why the companies that make the masks don't sell them that way.

Cost.....just like spring straps.........I just include them now in my packages, although when they(students) see or experience the originals they are sure happy.

Last edited:
Cost.....just like spring straps.........I just include them now in my packages, although when they(students) see or experience the originals they are sure happy.

Lots of fins are coming with spring straps now, or at least the bungee-like equivalent. I think most will come that way soon.

Get a slap strap, the hair pulling things that come with the mask are not good at all.

Actually, a slap strap with the mask would be great. It is a win win situation. You would get a good strap and the company that supplied the strap has a spot for free advertising.......

Lots of fins are coming with spring straps now, or at least the bungee-like equivalent. I think most will come that way soon.

I hope so, it's a trend I'd like to see continue. Now if the after market prices would come down on spring straps.....

Back
Top Bottom