Tropical Storm 'Juaning' 25-30 Jul 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Tropical depression now intensifies into a Tropical Storm, locally designated TS 'Juaning'.

Reports coming in about heavy rains and flooding in Philippines southern and central provinces. Heavy rains here in Manila also.

Philippine Weather Forecast Puerto Galera Typhoon Warning Storms

'Juaning' turns into tropical storm | Sun.Star
Storm signal number 1 has been hoisted over Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Abra, Apayao, Kalinga, Cagayan, Isabela, Ifugao, Mt. Province, La Union, Pangasinan, Benguet, Nueva Vizcaya, Nueva Ecija, Quirino, Aurora, Quezon, Polillo Island, and Sorsogon.

Storm signal number 2 is in force at Catanduanes, Albay, and Camarines provinces.

At least 20 domestic flights were also suspended Tuesday due to the weather disturbance.
Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Zest Air flights Manila-Catarman, Manila-Legaspi, Manila-Naga, Manila-Dumaguete, Manila-Legaspi, Manila-Masbate and vice versa were suspended.
The Philippine Coast Guard also advised vessels not to venture due to rough seas.

Residents in low-lying and mountainous areas under signals are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides.
Likewise, those living in coastal areas are alerted against big waves or storm surges generated by this tropical cyclone.
Juaning will continue to bring very heavy rains over central and southern Luzon and of Visayas

wp1011.gif

Looks like the storm traveled further east than expected. Looks now to me headed fairly close to Manila. Yesterday they were expecting it to travel further north and hit the mainland around HK. So much for weather forecasts. BTW i wish the PAGASA would follow the international naming for storms coming through their area. Imagine if every country had a different name for the same storm.

Finding a reliable weather report on Malapascua is like trying to find the police on Malapascua on Sunday.I spent (32) days living on Bad Christmas Island and the last week with the combination of the terrible weather and a local pulling a gun on me demanding money;I picked up my dive gear and left. As for the Evolution,I hope their dive service is better than their food service.The Alferdo Fetticcine was stone cold,contained pieces of griesel,and tasted like cake grease. Of course Matt apologized for the food but the (30) island locals withnessing my armed extortion never made a effort to help me even after pleading for assistance.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Several off topic posts have been removed. Keep posts and comments to the topic at hand

Back
Top Bottom