Tropical Paradise Diving in PI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm such a bother! Ok, my latest question: for pure tropical diving excitement, what area of the Philippines would your recommend? Caveat: diver has only two days diving and has to fly out of PI after that so access is important. How about dive op recommendations there? Can't you tell I'm a Libra? Can't make up my damned mind. I still plan on doing some wreck training &c. but must accomodate another person. Salaamat Po, oh helpful ones!

RikRaeder:
I'm such a bother! Ok, my latest question: for pure tropical diving excitement, what area of the Philippines would your recommend? Caveat: diver has only two days diving and has to fly out of PI after that so access is important. How about dive op recommendations there? Can't you tell I'm a Libra? Can't make up my damned mind. I still plan on doing some wreck training &c. but must accomodate another person. Salaamat Po, oh helpful ones!
if you're flying into manila: anilao, pg or subic would be your best options... i would take out PG as the ferry scheds will actually eat into dive time (you won't be able to push it much) unless you're chartering transfers directly from the resorts (read: $$$)

anilao would be my vote for better diving overall (vs. subic... but subic has wrecks)

flying into cebu: there is good diving around cebu including malapascua w/c is just a couple of hours away by land... or you can jump on a ferry and dive bohol (great diving from what i hear)... bohol has more ferry skeds to cebu and give you more flexibility

hope that helps

Jag

I'm not interested in nightlife, thanks. I'm planning on spending about a week at either Coron or Subic doing wreck and other training. I'll meet a friend from Japan for a couple days, but friend is on tight schedule and wants the above-mentioned tropical paradise. I'll use whatever time I have left to go to a close, wreck strewn destination and continue my practice. Thanks for advice so far, I'll start researching now. Keep those cards and letters coming, please.

Mike; Have to stop in Manila from Japan. Would prefer to save $300 by not hitting Cebu, but it's possible.

jonix:
anilao if you want to be able to dive asap. 2.5 hours drive from manila. no nightlife.

pg if you can spare the 2 hour transfer from batangas port to pg and back. has better nightlife.
add 2.5 hrs road trip from manila to batangas port and you're at looking at a 5 hour or a whole morning trip.

RikRaeder:
I'm not interested in nightlife, thanks. I'm planning on spending about a week at either Coron or Subic doing wreck and other training. I'll meet a friend from Japan for a couple days, but friend is on tight schedule and wants the above-mentioned tropical paradise. I'll use whatever time I have left to go to a close, wreck strewn destination and continue my practice. Thanks for advice so far, I'll start researching now. Keep those cards and letters coming, please.

wreck + training....subic would be a very good option. you can fly in via subic international. it's also a 2.5 hour drive from manila.

try this site for subic http://www.sbma.com/ good luck.

I'll be arriving before Christmas for a week of training. My friend will come in Jan 1 and dive 2 and 3 for some guided fun diving, then back home on 4. I'll stick around for a couple of more days. I've been to Subic, long ago on non-diving related....buisness. Don't think she'd like Subic. I remember the beaches as being unimpressive but was hungover so maybe I'm wrong about that. I went to a dive resort called "Capones" near San Antonio and bancaed to Capone Is. to check out the lighthouse. I remember the water was nice there. I hope to hit Coron and Subic myself, in no particular order. As for my friend...she just wants to go on a neat, tropical, hi viz, laid back dive trip. Sorry to be so oblique, but there's the whole story. Also, any operators to recommend? Thanks for everything so far.

if she is looking for great beaches topside and great dives all in one place, cebu and bohol will be your best bet since they have nice powdery white sand, good resorts and good dive sites. or you can go to club paradise in coron. its a bit far from most wrecks except for the kyokuzan maru but the place is really nice. they also have a Japanese lady dive instructor there.

it wont cost you $300 to fly to cebu or bohol. check out www.cebupacificair.com for promo fare rates. rates usually depend on how full the flights are. the first and last flights usually have cheap seats available for those who book online early. rates to cebu can go as low as $60 to $70 round trip if you book real early.

If you say you only have only two days of diving and need to fly out after that then Cebu is the place. You'll be diving 30 mins after you leave Mactan airport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom