Tropical DUI Wetsuit Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrussell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a few questions for those using the DUI Tropical drysuit for diving in warm waters, say 80 - 85+ degree water. Whatt under garments do you wear or are necessary for warm tropical waters? I am concerned that pulling on a light polartec under garment will result in excessive sweating. I was hoping just a pair of swim trunks and an Undr armour type shirt would be enough. How much additional weight do you need to add vs a 2mm neoprene wetsuit? Does the tropical dry suit require more or less weight than diving with a normal tropical wet suit?
Thanks

Drysuits require more weight. Not sure why you want to dive dry in 80F water.

Trunks and an under armor shirt works fine. In fact it likely is perfect without the drysuit! :D You could wear a t-shirt and swim suit or shorts. You could wear nothing under the suit but you would get stinky quickly. I wear socks as you feet will stick to the booties assuming you have booties.

I have no clue what weight to use. Do a weight check. Add 5lbs for the tank unless you are using steel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom