Tripo Reporto...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thanks for the trip report and pictures, Sharky. I thoroughly enjoyed them. I'll be enjoying Cozumel in ten more days... Can't wait!!!

Did you notice a lot of damage from Wilma? I'm trying to decide if I want to go to Coz this year. My last year trip was cancelled by Wilma.
Thanks in advance.

MikeM_scuba:
Did you notice a lot of damage from Wilma? I'm trying to decide if I want to go to Coz this year. My last year trip was cancelled by Wilma.
Thanks in advance.

There has been a LOT of discussion on this subject in here; you might do some datamining and read some of it. There is no short answer to your question.

Yes, there is some damage to the reefs, but (IMO) the diving there is still excellent. The deeper and/or more southerly reefs are generally less affected than the closer in shallow reefs.

The vegetation on the island has had a number done on it; Wilma hit at the end of the rainy season last year, so there's not been much rain since as this year's rainy season hasn't really started yet. There's a lot of brown.

The town, apart from the waterfront places, is the same as it ever was. The waterfront damage is spotty, with destruction right next to places that look unaffected.

There aren't near as many cruise ships going there right now, which is a positive thing, IMO.

I was there in January and again in May, and I had excellent trips both times.

MikeM_scuba:
Thanks in advance.

I was there a couple weeks ago. The diving is still great. So ahead and go, you won't regret it.

Sharky:

Nice report, thanks for sharing it

Many thanks Sharky! I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Cozumel. Take care of your back and neck until then!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

Thanks for the report Sharky! Hope your sinuses cooperate next trip it's obvious you have a great attitude and enjoyed yourself despite the problem. Did you get a chance to look up Raul from BTD while you were there? Hope to meet you next year in Coz,
Loretta

Nice job... the pics look really good. The new camera is definitely working out for you.

I agree with you on Colombia Shallows, we only got to do it once this past trip but it's already pencilled in as a "2 tanker" next time.

Back
Top Bottom