Tripler Interns Discover Scuba at Nautilus Reef!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Today JB and I helped AAA diving with a big group of interns from Tripler giving scuba a go! Great job fellas, you all seem like you have diving in your futures. A very portable hobby/sport no matter where you end up at all those conferences you will be attending over the years!

Nautilus Reef had wonderful viz today and Col Tim Howard blessed us all with his presence and wit. Nice to have somebody who can keep Alex in check. Our first dive, Sea Tiger did not disappoint with 100 ft viz! The same old sleepy turtle had his neck crooked through the railing and did not respond to my kisses on his beak. Kirsten and son Jordi rounded out a good group and the dive was a welcome one for us as it was our first since returning from Indonesia, to our own backyard.

Maybe you kamaina have seen the 42 ft sailboat beached off Nautilus Reef. So sad! We were guessing that maybe his anchor dragged. A very beautiful day on the water, cannot wait to take our boat out tomorrow for maiden voyage # 2. So far JB gets an A+ on docking in a pretty tight inside slip. I called Devon of Aquazone and apologized in advance, for hitting his new props. He says if he drops them in the water we will have two more feet! So far, so good, keep your fingers crossed for us!

DSC_0043-1-1.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

Boat traffic and Intro divers continue to concern me. Another dive operator zoomed in over some new divers who were at about 15 feet and scared me. Then, he zoomed out the same way and almost took another head off.

Divers, LISTEN for boat engines please, please. Captains and everyone please spread the word to motor into the sites slowly and give divers a little time to respond by dropping deeper, etc. This problem could give us all a very bad day.

Catherine,
the pic of the divers on the morring ball, looks like the YO?...

So, now that you have JB back, I bet you're a happy camper. How many dives
off the new boat so far?
Jimbo

Yea, I posted the wrong pic, you eagle-eye. I was trying to fake it since they ban my camera from my DM duties.

We have not dove off the boat yet. Still working on the docking thing. Are you offering to help? :blinking:

We want to know how much scope on the mooring lines, stuff like that....Also, would like your number for emergency list! Kidding...kinda. Can be spooky out there but JB pretty competent, I am just feeling kinda vulnerable out there especially with the kids on the boat.

Hey, wait a minute! When I was an intern, no one took us diving! The 36hr on/12hr off schedule didn't allow for a lot of recreation! I guess now that they've limited interns and residents to 80 hour work weeks you can pull it off :)

All kidding aside, great idea. And, as a former Army Major myself, thanks for taking care of our troups!

Doug

Back
Top Bottom