TripleL/ScubaL wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So i am seriuosly considering getting a tripleL/ScubaL farmerjohn/vest combo. I am interested if anyone has any recent purchases of these and if their sizing charts are now properly up to date? I am about a 29" inseam with a 34-36 inch waist... weight abou 185 lbs and am trying to find a proper size before I order.

They recently updated their sizing charts and seem to have them about right - I've ordered 3 since the update (for friends lol) and they have all fit so far...

Also they are offering the new hybrid suit on custom orders now - might be worth checking out...

Aloha, Tim

I am also considering the hybrid custom suit - can anyone tell me how much they actually paid? Based on what's written on their website, it looks like 125% x 115% of whatever the price is for a standard neoprene off-the-shelf suit.

And can anyone tell me what shipping and handling costs are? I'm a little weary after reading about $50 and $60 shipping costs for a $90 suit.

Thanks!

datrojanhogan:
I am also considering the hybrid custom suit - can anyone tell me how much they actually paid? Based on what's written on their website, it looks like 125% x 115% of whatever the price is for a standard neoprene off-the-shelf suit.

And can anyone tell me what shipping and handling costs are? I'm a little weary after reading about $50 and $60 shipping costs for a $90 suit.

Thanks!
the high shipping costs are if you order a custom suit, if you order a stock size the cost is much cheaper. I have one of their 3mm full suits, the charts were bang on in my case.

Why charge more for a custom suit, that's odd. I mean it costs the same to ship as a non custom suit.

Just buy one from Divetank and only spend $10 on Shipping.

Custom suits are shipped direct via DHL from Vietnam, so it's actually "normal" shipping price considering

Even with shipping costs a custom suit for $150 is a very good deal... you can hardly find a stock suit for that price.

I'm debating ordering a 5 or 7mil custom hybrid myself for some colder water diving I'd like to try ... having a tough time deciding since I would use the 5mil at home.

kidspot:
Custom suits are shipped direct via DHL from Vietnam, so it's actually "normal" shipping price considering

Even with shipping costs a custom suit for $150 is a very good deal... you can hardly find a stock suit for that price.

I'm debating ordering a 5 or 7mil custom hybrid myself for some colder water diving I'd like to try ... having a tough time deciding since I would use the 5mil at home.

exactly..they can ship the standard sizes in bulk to a warehouse here, take their time doing it, and get the best price..customs are shipped right from the factory, straigtht to your door, which from asia is going to cost..

How are the suits THEMSELVES BTW? In comparision to name brands?

The stock suits (non hybrid) are well made, though very basic. No gold lining or extra features, but solid stitching and good hardware. The one thing you may notice is that the stitching is on both sides, whereas some high end suits they glue the inner sides so there is no "rubbing" from exposed stitches.

I've got about 60 dives on my current wetsuit and it's holding up very well, just a few stains and a small hole where I fell on some sharp lava rock while walking to the water.

Aloha, Tim

mine is very good quality too, i only bought it for warm water trips, so it's not in use every day, but i really like it, they are good quality for the price

Back
Top Bottom