Triple Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure the Victor they are referring to goes by the name Detroit Mudpuppy here on the board. PM him and he'll set you up. I have a set of his bands on my double 72's, and I can add to the comments these guys have been making about his bands being artwork. I was really impressed with them.

Jimmer is correct. Victor is very helpfull and has been wanting to do some triple bands for me but as I mentioned I have not been able to decide what tanks to use. He has a made a couple of sets of bands for me and they are very, very nicely done, very professional and cost effective. I would definitly get in touch with him for special purpose bands or any bands for that matter.

Some people will never understand a triple set with a single outlet. Really, I am not sure if it ever made sense. Only briefly popular in the US and North America they did seem to have some popular following for a bit in Europe. In a time before the BC existed, when a wet suit was an expensive and rare item small double sets (38s, 45s, 50s) were common and perhaps the triple set was an attempt to increase capacity and still maintain the same trim and low profile of the popular small double sets. Just a guess. N

I called them "T" valves because of the shape, but what is the real designation?

I think the Valve with the Knob on top is the "I" valve, followed by the "J" and the "K". I could be wrong, I'll have to check my Basic Scuba Book when I get home.

Turtleguy9:
Wow that set really turned out great

Thanks, and it all started with our conversation about triples when I was in Oahu in April.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom