Triple Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back in the day, it was common to use those CO2 tanks for triples. However, be aware that they are very buoyant, like a cork.

Turtleguy9:

Thanks Roger I just looked at them, will investigate futher. Of course right after I commited to the Nemrod Manifold :11doh: . Although the one I bought comes with bushings.

If I do have to use modern webbing, I'll have to find a nice White Stag 2" Buckle. I just saw one on the weekend on a 46 with a WHite Stag plate and harness.

BTW...just bought my first vintage tank on the weekend. My LDS had a 1968 Steel 72 with New Hydro and VIP for $50(instructor Price) K valve.:D Still have to get a Backpak.

CatalinaCanuck:
Thanks Roger I just looked at them, will investigate futher. Of course right after I commited to the Nemrod Manifold :11doh: . Although the one I bought comes with bushings.

If I do have to use modern webbing, I'll have to find a nice White Stag 2" Buckle. I just saw one on the weekend on a 46 with a WHite Stag plate and harness.

BTW...just bought my first vintage tank on the weekend. My LDS had a 1968 Steel 72 with New Hydro and VIP for $50(instructor Price) K valve.:D Still have to get a Backpak.
Aloha John
Well if there is any item that is in good supply, backpacks would seem to be the one thing easy to find. Good price on the 72. especially with the new Hydro and VIP.
Aloha
Roger

Aloha Catalina
How goes the vintage triple project?
Aloha
Roger

Turtleguy9:
How goes the vintage triple project?
Sorry for the late update...

Have shipped the triple valve to Victor for Bands, and purchased 2 46's so far and have tracked down a third. The two i have need a hydro and a tumbling. Will do the Vis myself on all 3 after hydro and tumble. Also sent Victor a USD Back Pack for incorporation into rig. Bought a 14.5 and 18" J valve rods(will try both) from VSS. I'll post pictures of the whole rig unassembled and assembled when I get the bands and valve back from victor.

Having a blast with the vintage gear :D .

Funny how after someone first dives vintage they become completely addicted... it's almost like crack (so I've heard)... much to the chagrin of my LDS and wife.

Well its nice to see that John and Steve are having some true vintage fun. And I got to get them started.
Aloha
Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom