Trip Report Trip Video Maldives LoB - Dec 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Video not available

Nice, short & sweet trip video indeed! Whalesharks came to your boat at night! 👍 We tried on our boats, but none came over 😕

We were there in December 2023 for 2 weeks back-to-back trip on Maldives Aggressor 2 from 17 to 24 December and on Blue Horizon 3 from 24 to 31 December.

Just finished uploading my trip video for 24-31 December 2023 trip, but just can’t make it that short, too many good highlights, but able to cram them in < 20 minutes.

I’m now editing our 17-24 December 2023 trip. Hopefully it’ll be done before my next trip in 3 weeks (to Raja Ampat) so I can clear some space in my laptop for editing my next trip.

Nice, short & sweet trip video indeed! Whalesharks came to your boat at night! 👍 We tried on our boats, but none came over 😕

We were there in December 2023 for 2 weeks back-to-back trip on Maldives Aggressor 2 from 17 to 24 December and on Blue Horizon 3 from 24 to 31 December.

Just finished uploading my trip video for 24-31 December 2023 trip, but just can’t make it that short, too many good highlights, but able to cram them in < 20 minutes.

I’m now editing our 17-24 December 2023 trip. Hopefully it’ll be done before my next trip in 3 weeks (to Raja Ampat) so I can clear some space in my laptop for editing my next trip.
Thanks. The whaleshark moment was indeed a highlight. And editing is indeed a challenge. My private version of the video is 30+ minutes :cool: .
Sounds you have some great plans ahead, enjoy! Also on my to do list.

Leaving to Maldives in 5 days.......Trip 1 had them around the boat so crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, etc. LOL......
Same boat as ours. Mariano, the cruise director, is very determined to get you close to the whalesharks, so you'll have a good shot at it. Good luck.

The whaleshark moment was indeed a highlight.

Luckily we saw a Whaleshark on each trips.

The first one was in Lankan Beyru. I was shooting Reef Manta from below and when it passed over my head, a Whaleshark was cruising above the Manta.

The second one was in Maamigili Beyru. We were the last group on safety stop. Mid way finishing the safety stop, all of a sudden my buddy grabbed my shoulder and pointed on something behind me. When I turned around, there it was cruising slowly. I was able to catch up with it and shot a video of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom