Trip to Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAWUBA

New
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am taking a trip with my wife this august to cancun. I am wanting recommendations on where to dive when I get there. Apparently cozumel is the place to go, but the location is beyond my control. I am currently owc, but haven't been diving since I received my certification 6 years ago.(Kids - anyone who is married with children knows how this works out) Anyway I am wanting to get into some cool diving and really have no idea where to start. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi:
Welcome to scuba board.
Go to the top of this page in the "search box" Put in Cancun. You will see several threads that will help you.
I have dove in Xcrat Park, which you can get to from Cancun.
But, as you said a day trip over to Cozumel is probably your best bet.
Also, be sure to go to your local Dive shop, for some review and pool work if you haven't been in the water for 6 years?

SCUBAWUBA once bubbled...
Hello All,
I am taking a trip with my wife this august to cancun. I am wanting recommendations on where to dive when I get there. ...l. I am currently owc, but haven't been diving since I received my certification 6 years ago..
I recommend Scuba Cancun, http://www.scubacancun.com.mx/ . They do relatively shallow dives, and their operation is geared towards infrequent holiday divers.

You could look into doing a refresher course, but when I dove with Scuba Cancun in March they were doing a mini-refresher course as part of the dive briefing each day ---- which BC button inflates, which deflates, etc .......

While the Cancun reefs are much lower profile than the amazing formations of Cozumel, they are still nice reefs and are teeming with fish. Definitely worth diving there if that's where you are taking your family.

I was planning on a refresher course localy before I go down, just to refesh the old noggin. Thanks for the web address, I had already found there site earlier and was thinking of contacting them, but is always nice to have someone's recommendation. I am looking at their site and there is package for 2 days of 2 tank dives in cancun and a choice of two tank dove in coz or the "CENOTES" for $222. Does this sound like a pretty decent deal for the area?

thanks again for the help!!

Back
Top Bottom