Trip report West palm & Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

douglasville diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from south Fla. and I have to say WOW what a trip!
Water temp. was 76 78 degees,vis was 80 ft seas were glass,not to mention the clear sunny high 80's on the surface.
Fri. after noon dove with Dixie divers out of Deerfield great outfit,first dive we dropped onto the wreck of the Capt. Dan tons of wildlife, then finished the day on a most exlent drift dive.
Sat. morning drove to Key Largo to dive the Spiegel Grove with Horizon Divers [another great outfit] It was my first time on the Spiegel Grove and it was ausome,
vis. forever,very light current about mid-ship and made a short penetration in the super structure found the radar room and saw a few other compartments before sadly enough ,it was time to surface. Then it was on to the Bentwood {another great dive}to finish the a.m. trip.
Sat. night,first open ocean night dive and what a blast! Fell right in love with it,saw stigrays,lobster and tons of other fish,had a little problem when I almost had a out of control accent feet first got corrected everything was fine,but it did scare the hell out of me !
Sun. a.m. dove the aqua zoo ,large and very friendly stingray tons of fun to pet! Saw a goliath grouper must have been 550-600 lbs, swam by me at arms length! And I won't forget the Moray eel that swam by my head less than a foot away!
What a trip, it's why I started diving in the first place! And I thought I was hooked before this!
DAVE

glad to hear u had a great time

We will be doing Ft Lauderdale in April, and are really looking forward to Capt. Dan and the Aquazoo. Thanks for the report.

Thinking of heading out to the Keys in 3rd week of October, any insight as to how weather will be? Thanks for the great report, we will look into these dive outfits.

I'm heading down to Largo in April.

Tell me more about the Spegal Grove haven't heard much about that one.

Appreciate any info you might have

Renthal...

The weather in October in Key Largo can be "iffy" at best since it is considered part of the "active hurricane" season. You can expect temps in the mid to low 80s with waves anywhere from calm to 3-5 footers.

the water will be warmer than that!!! It is nearly that temperature now! Maybe you mean 80's?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom