Trip Report - Tulamben, Bali with Liberty Dive Resort (October 2018)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never did figure the prices out exactly because the local dives were cheaper than the further boat dives and the van rides to Tulamben etc. but was happy that on average were around 40,000-45,000 idr/dive and that got me lunch too on dive days and 28% Nitrox. (I prefer 32% but 28% was included so I went with it) I also had my own dive guide who I had to share with one other diver from time to time. (Hey @tippietoes12, thanks for the beautiful pictures, especially the backpacker nudi) yes, so there I was diving with another Scubaboard member and hadn't realized at first; another extraordinarily pleasant experience that came from diving at Padang Bai.
So first off, really great shots Nameless Bear, esp the Shaun the Sheep nudi.
I have to ask - backpacker nudi...? Very curious. I am headed over in 2 days & need to know what to look for!!! :)

I called it a nudi but it's actually a sea slug. Tippytoes12 has a stunningly beautiful photo taken at the time that we saw it. Perhaps she'll share it here.

In the meantime,

Invertebrates

4th or fifth photo down the page

DAF5BD08-2557-463D-BFE2-8FE6BC967500.jpeg

Nice report and photos. Thanks. Tell me about being cold after 70 minute dives. What was the sea temperature and what exposure suit where you wearing? I plan to dive Tulamben at the end of this August and I am gather advice from other divers. Thanks in advance. GJS

Beautiful photos! We dove with Liberty Dive last week (stayed next door at Toyabali) and agree about the facilities and service - top notch! We also enjoyed the restaurant there. We loved Tulamben topside, too! So relaxing, sunny, and quiet. We did a few days in Candidasa/PB after that and next time I think we will be based out of Tulamben and go down to PB for a three tanker at least one of the days instead of changing hotels. No molas or whale sharks for us, but we did see mantas diving out of PB. Depending on the location of the dives, we paid $40 (local PB sites)-$55 (Manta Point, NP) USD per dive with Geko Divers.

Nice report and photos. Thanks. Tell me about being cold after 70 minute dives. What was the sea temperature and what exposure suit where you wearing? I plan to dive Tulamben at the end of this August and I am gather advice from other divers. Thanks in advance. GJS

I will have my 5mm with me next time.

This past trip in March, I was diving 3mm, often with full 3mm hood and a Sharkskin shirt and even broke out my gloves. On certain dives the water temps were 18-20c. Brrrrr and that was supposedly in warm water season, whereas August is cold water season. Of course, you should expect to see many more mola than did I.

I will have my 5mm with me next time.

This past trip in March, I was diving 3mm, often with full 3mm hood and a Sharkskin shirt and even broke out my gloves. On certain dives the water temps were 18-20c. Brrrrr and that was supposedly in warm water season, whereas August is cold water season. Of course, you should expect to see many more mola than did I.

I guess I will bring my 5 mm. Thanks for the feedback.

GJS

Definitely a beauty!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom