Trip Report--Travis Boat Dive, 10/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thanks to everyone for today's dives on Lake Travis! It was a beautiful day with warm, calm water and great vis! I had a great time on both dives...I'm sure everyone did! Special thanks to Shawn D. of Buba Dives, I've had a great time on every occasion that I've been out with him. Very cool way to dive Travis.

We dove under Tom Hughes Park on the first dive and Sometimes Island on the second. Got to dive with Alan on the Sometimes Island dive. That dive was a lot of fun! Thanks, Alan!

The afternoon dives were at Starnes Island and the old Scuba Park. Starnes Island was awesome. We found some very cool grottos and huge overhangs, and a small wreck. Can't report on the Scuba Park dive as my sinus infection finally got to me after the Starnes Island dive and I had to sit that one out.

Don't know about the Scuba Park, but vis was excellent shallow (0-25') and from 85'-105' in all of the other places. Water temps were in the 80s.

The loot we found wasn't as impressive as our last outing...I guess we can't expect to find a new outboard motor every trip...but we still came back with a couple of anchors, some sunglasses and a bunch of misc. junk. :)

Thanks Shawn D, Marissa, Shawn O, Alan, Ernie, Skip, and Hexar for a great day on...and in...the lake! Awesome group!!!

John...'ditto' on your days trip report!

Had a great time and it was good diving with 'you' on top of (as it's under water now) and around the island....nice find of the anchor. :wink:

Enjoyed meeting some great new folks....all a lot of fun and I think 'fun was had by ALL'.

I would like to put in a plug also for Capt. Shawn and his Buba Dives service....he does a great job and is ready to give a hand or advise on the spot....super clean and organized large pontoon boat designed with scuba diving in mind! I will be hooking up again with him in the future....real nice fellow.

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

:D

here are some pix of your trip. i'm the one that came by to say hello.

Attachments

• lake trips 2007 014.jpg
    lake trips 2007 014.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 55
  • lake trips 2007 013.jpg
    lake trips 2007 013.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 46
here are some pix of your trip. i'm the one that came by to say hello.
Hey, thanks for the picts, Travisdude! Those are great shots of the Buba Dives boat!

John, great report. Save me a spot for the next trip...

Back
Top Bottom