Trip Report - Sipadan/Mabul/Kapalai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wondering, as I will be going to Sipadan in 2 weeks about the depth profie - would you guys recommend diving Nitrox? (if it is 13USD per bottle ;-))

Thnx

US$13.00 for a bottle of Nitrox!!! Robbery.
All the dives on Sipadan is wall dive so multi-level is the way to do it.

Just wondering, as I will be going to Sipadan in 2 weeks about the depth profie - would you guys recommend diving Nitrox? (if it is 13USD per bottle ;-))

Thnx
I didn’t use nitrox when I was there and never got within 10 minutes of my NDL time at any point during the boat dives. If you’re planning on doing multiple shore dives beyond the Sipadan dives, you might find some benefit. That is a really expensive price however.

thanks guys :) - we will save the money then
I should make sure to mention that of course, dive computers can't track exact nitrogen saturation contents, and you're always safer from a DCI point of view by using nitrox. But I also know some dive shops don't allow nitrox use on Sipadan dives, due to the risk of downcurrents, and the fact that most dives are steep wall dives means the risk of exceeding your MOD is higher than with dives that have a hard floor. We didn't experience any of those types of currents in my 6 dives there, but just so you have all the information at your disposal :)

Back
Top Bottom