Trip Report: Scuba Diving, Placencia, Belize - Nurse sharks and Oceanic Manta Rays

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaii Fredregill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Placencia, located in the relaxed, southern end of Belize, is a place where everything gets done, but at a far less stressful pace than areas with heavy tourist traffic. Good food and friendly people are easy to find in this colorful village that has long been a haven for ocean lovers and scuba divers. With this coastal haven as our base, we were able to dive the nearby waters and enjoy multiple days of creature spotting around colorful reefs filled with life. The full report with photos is posted here Scuba Diving, Placencia, Belize | My Mola

placencia_01_2020-20_1920.jpg

Well, you were certainly blessed! I've been on hundreds of dived in Belize and have never seen a manta there. So jealous!

Thanks very much for taking the time to sharecall this with us. Well done.

Where did you stay?

We were very lucky, I agree. For me hammerheads are what I always seem to miss, but I hope that I will eventually get a chance to see them. We stayed right near everything in Placencia at a place called Garden Lodge. Comfortable, basic accommodations with a private bathroom and shared kitchen. It's owned by a really nice local guy named Chris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom