Trip Report Trip Report: Roatan West Bay 1/2021 - Bottom Time Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. Being able to connect to work VPN and handle a few meetings is exactly what I had in mind.

Their website lists nitrox at $12/tank, so you're saying that it wasn't actually available?

Mind if I ask approximate cost on things like taxi/water taxi to West End, and dive/stay package?

They did not have nitrox onsite but Jay told me that he could get fills for training or if someone really wanted it. So yes, probably available, but a special request.

Water taxi from west end to west bay was $3. Minimum 3 pax or if you dont want to wait you can just pay the difference. Taxi from the airport was quoted at $30 but should likely be $20 or less. Jay and Lavina provided rides both way.

Many places on Roatan were discounting stays by 50-60% or more due to covid. No exception here. I'd normally share prices in the review, but it was so heavily discounted that it will become inaccurate information as things get back to normal. Dive prices were as posted on their website; I will PM you regarding the rate I paid for the casita.

Nice report and in the new format! Love that you could take a non-stop flight. Is the airport close to where your accommodations were in West Bay?
The Airport is a 20 minute drive from West Bay, We will gladly pick you up at the airport!

Oops, sorry. I mean West End. West Bay is is too classy for the likes of me.
Trust me, I live is West Bay! It really not too classy! It just closes a little earlier than West End!

Thanks Charlie for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks. Being able to connect to work VPN and handle a few meetings is exactly what I had in mind.

Their website lists nitrox at $12/tank, so you're saying that it wasn't actually available?

Mind if I ask approximate cost on things like taxi/water taxi to West End, and dive/stay package?

We can get Nitrox off site at the moment but they will only fill the cylinders to 3000 psi, not the 3500 psi for the 100 cu ft steel cylinder, making is essentially an 80. We usually get it for the deeper dives to increase bottom time at depth but not for every dive. I have plans to add a Nitrox stick in the near future.

The normal cost for a water taxi is 3 USD per person. They usually won't leave unless they have three persons, but you can pay them the 9 dollars if your a single want to leave right away. I am not sure what the charge right now given the lack of business, I bet they will take a single person for 5 dollars.

Divers who stay with us get a discount on dives, free airport pick up and drop off and breakfast. Currently room rates are reduced due to COVID. $60 per night for the one room efficiencies, $90 a night for the two room apartment. Normal rates are $100 a night and $150 a night respectively.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom