Trip Report Trip Report - Puerto Vallarta Oct 15 to 21, PV Ocean Tours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little late but.........nice trip report. How nice that PV is so close to Mismaloya Beach. I stayed in Nuevo Vallarta and the length/time of the trip to get to Mismaloya was a deal breaker for me.
We dove with PV Ocean Tours,
PV is a place I can go with our timeshare so I have a couple of questions in case I get that way again.

1. Because of the shape of the bay, would you say that leaving from Mismaloya Beach instead of PV marina, cuts about 20 minutes off of boat rides to sites you went to?

2. Agree with @drrich2 about the website not being as complete as it could be. The price list indicates a price for a tour, such as Los Arcos - is the price for 2 dives at that site?

3. Were you able to dive your air or was there a time limit?

The water gets a lot colder then, so a 7 mil suit may be preferable in December or January, but the chance of seeing whales makes it an appealing proposition.
I dove with a 5mm in March several years back at the Las Caletas site. Temp got to 70º F at depth. If I had been diving several days, a 7mm probably would have been perfect. 5mm in Dec/Jan would probably work.

We're going to Cabo in about a week and I know the water is continuing to get cooler, but there will be whales!!

Sorry for the very late reply. I have not been on SB in quite a while. It is definitely shorter to depart from Mismaloya than the Marina. It is 15 to 20 minutes to most of the sites. There are some further away, but they are further south so they would be even further from PV Marina. The price is for 2 dives at each site. Each dive was planned for about 50 minutes, so we all surfaced as a group. We were a very small group so it didn't really impact us, but if you were in a larger group it may.

We dove with Marc in 2016. We stayed at the Marriott and he picked us up and took us to Mismaloya beach where the boat was. It was very easy diving for us and we enjoyed it very much. Usually it was just my wife and myself, but once we had one other person diving with us. Marc was very accommodating. We first met Marc when he was the divemaster at PV Sea Dive.

Thanks all for the reports... headed there in a few months on a three generation/four household family trip. Kids and I are the only divers so I was looking for tips on operators and logistics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom