Trip Report - PG & Big Apple/SeaRider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Canyons AKA Washing Machine? Did that after Verde. That was one of the scariest (and most interesting) dives I've ever done. Getting into the 2nd canyon into the current was painful. DMs only allowed most experienced divers into the water. Like riding a rollercoaster.

Second for Out of the Blue and Action Divers. Great hotel, amazing food and a great dive operator. And on the quiet side of Sabang, but you can walk to the action in about 20 minutes....

I have dived Action divers the last 3 trips there (2017 and twice in 2017) you wont find a better shop and great staff. Very accomodating and what I liked the most is the group size was small about 3-5 divers + DM (sometimes just me and the DM)... I cringed when I saw the other dive boats going out with 10+ divers crowded onto the boat..

That's great that you got to check off a few bucket items! Blue Ringed Octo, Pygmy seahorses, Sea Turtles and other Octopus are quite common around the area. Were you lucky enough to glimpse any sharks out near Canyons? They've been hanging out there quite a bit this spring.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the diving around Puerto Galera. It really is a nice area to dive, with many options. Fortunately(unfortunately?), with such a concentration of dive sites, and the popularity, you will find a wide range of dive shops. Now that's all well and good when you have lots of time to shop for an Operator, but not so great when you have such limited time and want to get wet as soon as possible. Glad to hear that your experience with SeaRider was good (and much better than BA).

I really like hanging out at Big Apple in the late afternoon/evenings, but I wont stay in their rooms again.

All in all, do you think you'll come back for more diving?

Back
Top Bottom