Trip report Part II Raja Ampat-Papua-Sorido Resort November 15th- 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent you an email. Hopefully you will get it! Get back to me as soon as you can! Mrs.M. & C.

Hey, Scott!
Great to see you at the TVDC last week. Thanks for the trip report and the heads up on Bangka and Buyat. We made reservations last night for a trip to Indonesia October 23rd to November 13, 2010. Air to Bali on Korean Air was $842 pp round-trip including taxes. Couldn't pass it up. So we're going to do a Komodo liveaboard for 11 days then head up to Gangga to dive Bangka probably around November 6th or 7th and then try to get a few days at Buyat.
What's your schedule while there?
BryanB

Hey Brian,

I will be there the first part of Nov....I am going to do around 7+ days in Lembeh then down to Buyat but being at this time it is just me going to Buyat, I do not know if they will plan me at the beginning of the trip or at the end as I continue on to Raja Ampat.....I'll give you a few more details when I get them over the next few days. Did you read my trip report on Lembeh and Bangka that I posted?

Last edited:
Air to Bali on Korean Air was $842 pp round-trip including taxes. Couldn't pass it up.

Thanks for the tip-off about the fare ... may have to book first and find a trip later! I have a critical question ... do you know if they have AVOD (Audio Visual on Demand) on each seatback now? I know some Korean Air flights in the past did not. Not crazy about 14 hours aboard with no little movie screen to keep me occupied ...

Scott,
Yep I got a chance to read the Lembeh/Bangka report, and really enjoyed it. Hopefully you'll get to dive Angel's Window and California Dreamin' on your next trip. They are very memorable dives, and being on the northwest part of Lembeh Island they do have quite a bit more exposure than those dive sites in the strait proper.
We had Ronald as a DM most of the time when we stayed at Lembeh Resort in 05, and he was great. Maybe we'll hit Buyat at the same time this year.

BryanB

Thanks for the tip-off about the fare ... may have to book first and find a trip later! I have a critical question ... do you know if they have AVOD (Audio Visual on Demand) on each seatback now? I know some Korean Air flights in the past did not. Not crazy about 14 hours aboard with no little movie screen to keep me occupied ...

Highdesert,
The plane listed on the Korean Air flight is a 747-400. I thought all of those have the on-demand movie features, but I could be way off base. The second leg from Seoul to Denpassar is an Airbus.

If they don't, then I guess the $700 difference in price between Korean and Singapore will just have to go to some movies on my iPod. Or a spare battery for my laptop.

BryanB

Scott, I really appreciate your thorough reports. I find them full of usefull data about how to get to places as well as the diving. I want to go to Raja Ampat but I thought I'd wait till they get the transportation thing a bit more figured out. Thanks again.

Scott, I really appreciate your thorough reports. I find them full of usefull data about how to get to places as well as the diving. I want to go to Raja Ampat but I thought I'd wait till they get the transportation thing a bit more figured out. Thanks again.

LOL...I do not think that "Transporation thing" via plane going to "SoWrong" or boat going to Kri Island is going to be figured anytime soon...so I endeavor to pursue:D...it is worth every minute once you are in those waters!

Back
Top Bottom