Trip Report part I, Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bleach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK... I love reading the trip reports, so I thought I should contribute.

Week one of our spring vacation found us at Divi Tiara on Cayman Brac, 3/15 - 3/22. My first impression of the island was that it was small, secluded and laid back ( just the way we like it). The resort seemed to be at about 90 percent capacity and did not feel crowded in any place(restaurant, pool, dive boats, bar, beach).

We liked the restaurant with both small tables for privacy and large tables when we felt like sharing stories (telling lies :wink:) or just making friends. The food was good, typical rotating buffet, with good main dishes, lots of tasty salads and deserts.

The dive center was the heart of the operation and really kept in touch with guests. I enjoyed the video's and slide shows played at the bar several times during our stay, and the dive team really encouraged participation. Not quite Club Med style, but fun.
The dive teams are helpful, and knowledgable. They help the inexpierenced, and will let veterans roam about on thier own after they get to know you. They also know the area very well and can really spot the macro stuff. We were also suprised at what lengths they go to to make diving easy for you. They handle all of your gear, the only thing we had to do all week was rinse the wetsuits.

I guess I should mention the diving. GREAT! Vis was 80+, coral was colorful and abundant, marine life was above expectations. The brochures don't lie.

I understand now why some people go back every year, and I would surley go back to Divi and Cayman Brac.... As soon as we hit all of the other places on our list....

Coming soon... Part II, Pirates Point. and... Photo's

Brian

Looking forward to a compare and contrast between CB and LC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom