Trip report Kona!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have forgotten my manners and havent posted up photos from my short trip over to Kona 2 weeks ago. So here they are. As always the remainder are in this gallery

Short report: I only had one full day of diving and a night dive scheduled. I went out with Jacks Diving Locker on a Manta ray night dive and on a 3-tank advanced boat dive the next day. The manta dive was one of the coolest experiences of my short diving history!

IMG_2517%20(1).jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

....and some macro photos from the advanced dives. (all nitrox all warm water!)

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2891%20(1).jpg

Last edited:
Yes, thank you so much for sharing. Mark and I are trying to figure out how and when to sneak away..... unsure when it'll happen though! :)

I did exactly the same dive with Jacks Diving locker last year (or year before?) and absolutely agree: the manta rays night dive is one of the "dive of your life" experiences. I'd also highly recommend Jack's Diving locker shop. Highly professional instructors, nice equipment, great boats. And just very nice guys to hung out with and drink some Kava after dives!

Nice!

I loved diving in Kona. The manta dive was so cool we did it twice! (Big Island Divers)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom