Trip report - Kona with Dive Makai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FATdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My 13 year old daughter and I did our referral dives for our OW Cert. and a manta dive with Dive Makai in Kona. We had a great time!! The staff at dive makai were professional and helpful at every step of the process. Although I have no experience to compare Dive Makai to, I beleive they did a very good job. Everyone was very good with my daughter and Mike (the owner), who did our instruction, was very helpful and patient. Every dive was well briefed and slow.

The Manta dive was incredible. There wer probably 50+ divers at the dive site. There were no Mantas when we decended, so the dive master took us around to see what else was around. I looked back and it was like we were on the moon with all of the divers in a circle and what looked like a single beam of light shine toward the surface. Only 2 Mantas showed up, but they gave us a really good show!!!

We had a great time and I would definitely recommend Dive Makai.

I have dove with them 3 seperate times and have enjoyed everyone of them. The last time we went out, we stopped right outside the harbor and were delighted with a pod of dolphins that descended upon us. 2 of the male dolphins even did a "fly by" right at the divemaster. Dive Makai is very friendly and allows you to dive your computer and doesn't put any time limits on your dive. They are a nice group with a thorough knowledge of their dive sites.

Has anyone got a good lead for shore diving in Kona?

Back
Top Bottom