Trip Report Trip Report: Galapagos Humboldt Explorer - April 8th -15th 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Nic - Thanks for the summary! I'm going to the Galapagos on the Humboldt in February. I'm actually wondering about the land tours that were part of the trip. Can you say a bit more about which ones you did and how those were? Did you end up tacking on additional non-diving tours to your trip and if so, any advice on which islands, operators, etc.? Thanks!

Howdy. The land tours are pretty basic but honestly pretty comprehensive. I lived in Ecuador so went to the Galapagos many times and the included tours cover the most important bits. You could add a few days in San Cristobal for some snorkeling, there are some really fun spots where you can get lots of interactions with sea lions and there are a few day tours that will let you see a few other things, but I personally don't think you would be missing out at all even if you skipped that. (you do get to see tortoises on Santa Cruz as part of the Humboldt trip on your last day but you don't go to a nursery as I remember, which can be fun to see and easy to do in San Cristobal)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom