Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd rather have a little white noise
I believe the last night on board was the only night they left the generator on so we could have the A/C on all night.

I'd rather have a little white noise

Im with you, I need noise when I sleep. I remember when I was on Pawara in Thailand they did this, but during the day. The director said it was to give the compressors a rest, and during the time we would most unlikely to be in our rooms.

Im with you, I need noise when I sleep. I remember when I was on Pawara in Thailand they did this, but during the day. The director said it was to give the compressors a rest, and during the time we would most unlikely to be in our rooms.

That makes sense, as to time of day.

As for white noise, I meant that I'd rather hear a compressor/engine/whatever running to have aircon available overnight than have it turn off during the night.

Thank you for the update on the CJ. My wife and I are going Oct 27 this year for 12 days! We're counting the day now too.

Did you get to see the whale sharks?

Oh, did you need to get any vaccines or meds prior to going to Indonesia?

Have never been on Calico Jack but on other LOBs sometimes the crew (the ones we don't see that much like engineers, kitchen hands, maintenance guys) are in a deck below the one we have our cabins on. Insomniac taking a 2am stroll around the deck often spot crew members sleeping on deck - perhaps the noise reason given may be to give the crew some quiet?

Might be totally wrong but I've tripped over and sat on more than one sleeping worker.

Thank you for the update on the CJ. My wife and I are going Oct 27 this year for 12 days! We're counting the day now too.

Oh, did you need to get any vaccines or meds prior to going to Indonesia?

Hope you have an amazing time! Please say hello to Julie if she is your cruise director. She was fabulous. The whole crew was wonderful. Unfortunately, Raja Ampat is not known for having whale sharks. If you book the trip to Cenderawasih Bay that’s where you’d see the Whale Sharks. But if your itinerary is Raja Ampat, not likely. We didn’t see any and we’re told no whale sharks in Raja. No need for vaccines either.

I just saw the itinerary you’re doing. Hopefully you’ll see some during the time you’re in Triton Bay!!! Please post a TR once you’re back. I was looking into that itinerary for a future trip. Since this was our first time in Indonesia, we picked an all Raja Ampat itinerary.

Have never been on Calico Jack but on other LOBs sometimes the crew (the ones we don't see that much like engineers, kitchen hands, maintenance guys) are in a deck below the one we have our cabins on. Insomniac taking a 2am stroll around the deck often spot crew members sleeping on deck - perhaps the noise reason given may be to give the crew some quiet?

Might be totally wrong but I've tripped over and sat on more than one sleeping worker.

Heat, I've been told. No ac in their rooms.

I've been embarrassed more than a few times on a number of boats, since I'm the night prowler.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom