Trip Report from Raja Ampat aboard the Calico Jack Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Seahorse having been aboard her twice but have often wondered if I would like the Ambai more.

Who recommended? Was it me? Heehee

No, it was not you, but I am glad to hear what sounds like a positive experience on the Seahorse and with Wellacea! We were looking at a specific time to return and considered a few options sailing around that time. Given the requirement it must be as long of a trip as possible around then (because it’s Raja!), the Seahorse was also an option. The extra day was good and the agency and specific person I work a lot with to book group and personal trips on liveaboards and resorts has had groups on both their boats and had good things to say.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing your review of Ambai.

I'm actually debating between the Seahorse and Ambai for a November trip to Raja Ampat. I'm curious to know your thoughts @outofofficebrb if you don't mind. This would be my first LOB... I'm getting a little overwhelmed with all the choices.

I just got back from a trip on the Ambai... I will write a full report in a few days (still recovering from the jetlag and general blahness at being back home), but lemme say this: it was amazing. The boat, the crew, the food, the service... everything was top-notch.

Back
Top Bottom